Casting Basics E-Learning
Casting is the art of forming metals and alloys by melting, pouring the melt into a chamber called a mold, and then cooling and solidifying it according to the shape of the mold chamber. This method is the oldest known process for obtaining the desired shape of metals. The first cast kilns were made of clay. And layers of copper and wood were alternated. Casting is considered in different fields of science, art and technology. As the casting progresses scientifically. But in practice, it is still the experience, taste and art of the mold maker and caster that guarantees the production of healthy and flawless pieces.
This technique is one of the most basic production methods. Because more than 50% of all machine parts are made this way. Metals with low plastic properties are formed by casting complex parts. From the point of view of mold type, casting methods are divided into two categories. Casting in Expendable Molds and Permanent Molds. But casting according to the technology and set of equipment involved in molding includes the following. Casting in sand molds, casting by gravel method (metal molds). Low-pressure metal casting, high-pressure metal casting, design, precision casting, percussion casting, etc. Each of the above has a function. Depending on the amount of production of the part, its desired quality, dimensions and material of the mold, each of these methods is used.
What you will learn in the casting training course:
- Traditional casting process (sand casting)
- Template and template – types of template materials, template allowance, types of sand molds, binding and additives and so on
- Gating system – elements, accessories, characteristics, gating ratio, aspiration effect, cores and branches, freezing time, lifting design, etc.
- Modern casting methods (Die casting, Slush casting, Shell molding, Centrifugal casting, Investment casting)
- Grain behavior in casting, casting defects
Virtual training course on the principles of casting is suitable:
- Graduates and Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering
- Graduates and Bachelor of Civil Engineering
- Students and enthusiasts are interested in casting technology Prerequisites for Casting Principles Course:
- Basic idea of materials science and a bit of high school chemistry (although everything is explained in this course)
- The most important feature – “A relative and curious mind”