Watering Systems E-Learning
Virtual irrigation training has been created for people to become fully acquainted with irrigation. Irrigation in today’s world is scientifically advanced, which due to limited resources, irrigation must be engineered and accurate. Irrigation has been done for a long time and in ancient times according to the calculated methods and has been of great importance and human civilizations have always been formed along with water resources, which have made it possible to irrigate plants. Irrigation is literally spreading water on the ground to penetrate the soil for plant use and crop production. Half of the world’s agricultural and food production comes from these irrigated lands, and this shows the importance of irrigation.
Types of irrigation methods in agriculture:
1) Surface irrigation method
Advantages of surface irrigation:
- Simplicity and no need for complex devices and equipment
- Low initial investment cost
- No need for energy
Disadvantages of surface irrigation:
- In cases where the slope of the land is high, this method of irrigation can not be used and the land must be leveled or sloped, which is very expensive.
- Surface irrigation is not suitable for light and sandy soils.
- Surface irrigation requires more labor than pressurized irrigation methods.
- The efficiency of surface irrigation is low, which causes water wastage.
- Surface irrigation requires high water flow.
2) Pressure irrigation method
Advantages of pressurized irrigation
- High efficiency in irrigation
- Increasing the quality and quantity of agricultural products
- Uniformity of water distribution at ground level
- Ability to irrigate on uneven and sloping lands that can not be irrigated by surface irrigation.
- High automation capability
- Possibility of spreading fertilizer or poison at the same time as irrigation
- Less need for labor
- Possibility to use pressurized irrigation to control the air temperature in case of frost or heat
Virtual irrigation training course topics:
Irrigation of Crete
Irrigation period prerequisites:
This course does not require any special prerequisites and the course is taught from the beginning.